Re: S. Fla. repair shop for valves/linkages?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on June 08, 2000 at 21:13:50:

In Reply to: S. Fla. repair shop for valves/linkages? posted by Oscar Cantu on June 08, 2000 at 16:10:59:

Please give me a call or send me an email Oscar. I live in western Davie so it is a bit of a haul from south Miami-Dade (why on earth did they change the name of the county?!?!?) but it isn't so bad if you live out west and can take the turnpike extension or I-75. Maybe we could work out lessons to occur when I am teaching lessons at either FIU or New World High School. Both of these places would be closer to you. Also, if she's serious about pursuing the tuba, she will be eligible to attend New World High School starting in 9th grade (2 years from now), pending a successful audition. The big advantage there is the students get free lessons from me, 13 per semester. Also, NWSA is the music magnet school for Miami-Dade county so it is a great place for serious music students.

I can't give you much help with a repairman. The one I use, in Orlando, is getting completely out of the business so all the players down here are looking for a solution. But the work you describe sounds well within the realm of a do-it-yourself job. I can certainly help with the linkage, including swapping it out for new stuff.

In any event, send me an email and we'll get in contact or just look me up, I'm in the book. You'll certainly recognize my number, it is the one that ends in 8822...

Follow Ups: