New prof. of euphonium search

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nick Marini on June 09, 2000 at 14:04:19:

For the first time, the Peabody Conservatory of music is looking to hire a professor of euphonium. Its search began after the resignation of it's previous Tuba/Euphonium teacher, Mr. David Fedderly. The school has hired a new tuba teacher and is looking to hire an separate teacher for euphonium to begin the fall of 2000 semester.
I encourage those of you in the euphonium world to keep and eye on this matter. Peabody is looking to hire a member of one of the D.C. premier bands to join the conservatory. When this occurs, Peabody will be the only conservatory of music (I appoligize if I'm wrong in this assumption) that has a current premier band euphonium player on its faculty. Given the that Baltimore is so close to the D.C. bands, Peabody could very well be one of the top schools of study for euphonium if the right person gets the job. It's a very exciting time.
I am currently the only remaining euphonium student at the conservatory. I have been in close contact with the faculty and the dean and it looks like the school will infact hire the BEST candidate for the position. If you'd like me to keep you posted on the search, feel free to email me.

Nick

Follow Ups: