Alexander 163 For Sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg Fredrickson on June 12, 2000 at 16:52:22:

Alexander 163 For Sale

The horn is a 4 valve CC. My price is $5200. It has just under a 17" bell and about a .810 or .820 bore (I don't have a caliper.) Someone once asked me if it was dark or light brass as if alex's were made out of different kinds. I don't know the details myself, but if there are dark and light brasses used by alexander, this is most likely the dark one. About 3 years ago I had a main tuning slide "kicker" made by my teacher at the time, Alan Baer. At this time he also did a "valve job" where he compressed the casings and re-lapped the valves, so they are pretty tight despite the horn's mid 1960's vintage. Also I should note that when I bought the horn, the first valve had been vented and the slide cut slightly to bring up the D. Also the main slide was shortened--no problems there, I've always had ample room to adjust either way. The "kicker" does come in handy, especially on tough -quiet, exposed- entrances. The horn also comes with an aluminum flight case used twice (these sell for around $900,) and a Doug Elliot mpc in very good shape(gold rim, R cup extra large shank.) Pictures available...E-mail me
(This horn sounds awesome.)

Gregg

Follow Ups: