The Art of Brass Vienna

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pete on June 13, 2000 at 01:58:42:

I just wanted to let everyone know that if you have not had the chance to hear the Art of Brass Vienna live or just a cd then please do so. It is a most pleasurable experience. John Sass has to be one of the most amazing tuba players out there. I live in Japan and had the opportunity to hear them live this weekend and also sit in a music store practice studio in Tokyo with John(a week before the concert) for about three hours and just talk shop. He was in search for a mouthpiece for his new B&S 4097 CC and must have tested over a hundred that day looking for "his sound". It was very interesting to hear his thoughts about each one. He is a very gifted musician with some very creative ideas. We were talking some at the hotel about his workshop he is putting together and believe me if you get a chance to attend one do so. The whole group is full of just spectacular musicians and they are all very fun to hang around with and well, do what all musicians do second best(or best),drink beer. Check'um out if you can.

Follow Ups: