Re: Re: PARADE

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on June 26, 2000 at 23:04:57:

In Reply to: Re: PARADE posted by Ike H. on June 22, 2000 at 14:29:21:

Eric Swanson in Dallas is their "next victim". I didn't look at their entire schedule, but HE could when they arrive there, and possibly he could let you know.

Incidentally, the show is another anti-southern anti-gentile propaganda presentation, as was "Ragtime" (a very probably accurate story, in this case, with the actual real characters in the incident/story turned into cartoon-like chararacters and used to make generalizations about large classes of people, and then project those generalizations into the present day to make it appear that things - which have actually always been just as much of a problem in the northeast (if not MORE of a problem) - are/were CAUSED by "Southuhnuhs" and "Chrischuns") -- a fantastic musical score blended with the Politico-Correctol gobbledegook.

I just finished doing a very minor "edit" of the tuba part since, as was pointed out above, the book was originally a bass/tuba double. Since BOTH instruments will be in the pit at quite a few of the stops along the tour, I marked in many new places in most of the tunes where the tuba could play WITH the string bass and add the "right" sound. (I tried not to be TOO "pro-tuba" biased, and to think more like an "orchestrator".) I also notated in which octaves I thought those parts should be played. The tuba book (as a non-double) is still quite "light", as far as the amount of playing involved is concerned.

Follow Ups: