Re: Re: Re: Re: Any "NEW" comments on the CONN 52/56?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard Murrow on July 02, 2000 at 00:02:29:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Any "NEW" comments on the CONN 52/56? posted by Neil M on July 01, 2000 at 19:25:19:

I'll try to answer two questions that my post brought up.
1. Dave A., Conn is talking about a sister horn to the 56J/52J's in BBb. I'm not sure when that will happen, but they are aware of the need for one. There is also serious talk about designing an F tuba, however these things take time, so don't place your order yet.
2. For Neil; The Texas and Dallas Wind Symphonies are two different groups. Dallas is the older group, and yes that is a very good recording. DWS plays their season at the Meyerson Symphony Center in Dallas. TWS does their season at the new Bass Performance Hall in Fort Worth. Both groups are excellent and do share some of the same regular players and trade players on occasion as subs. FYI, the tuba section in DWS is Alex Cauthen & Ed Jones and the TWS section is myself & Ev Gilmore. If anyone of you are in the neighborhood DWS is doing a big July 4th program at the Meyerson with a three member tuba section, Cauthen/Jones/Murrow, the low notes will be plentiful. Y'all Come!

Follow Ups: