Re: The Beatles and the Canadian Brass

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by a music publisher on June 02, 2001 at 02:02:04:

In Reply to: The Beatles and the Canadian Brass posted by Michael Hartman on June 02, 2001 at 00:05:30:

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but if you think copyright laws are a good thing, then do all of us all(and yoursef) favour and find a way to buy those books. A photo copy might be acceptable as a replacement for a lost part, and only when for personal use, but since you plan on performing this, you'll be breaking the law if you use a photocopy. Now I doubt any lawyers will come banging down your door, but using an illegal photocopy on that recital does hurt our musical economy, and in the long run only ends up driving our prices up. Twelve dollars you save by using photocopies is twelve dollars you're stealing from someone who worked to make that music available to you. As someone who's contantly on all three sides of the fence(buying, writing, and publishing), I kindly urge you to consider actually "paying" for the music you're using... I mean, seriouly.. it's the least you could do.

my .02

Follow Ups: