Re: Re: Re: breathing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dominic Marino on June 03, 2001 at 21:07:17:

In Reply to: Re: Re: breathing posted by Mr Experience? on June 03, 2001 at 17:32:14:

"Gotta love some of those high school band directors.....mostly the one's that "fell back" on it."

I'm so sorry to bring up reality, but there are many people out there (possibly this student's director) who just don't have the greatest knowledge of the instruments they did not major in. I mean, out of the hundreds of thousands of high school band directors that there are out there, they can't all be Fennel or Reynolds. There are also hordes of very qualified band directors that never get a chance to do anything with their talent because of under-developed band programs, which is never really their fault. Much like any occupation, there are some who are great, some not so great, and lots in between.

I apologize if that's a bit too radical for your views, but when I say "some directors" I mean exactly that. I've seen one or two and I think that justifies my right to make that comment.

Dominic "Hack trumpet players (which my director refers to himself as (some people still have a sense of humor)) can't always play the tuba" Marino

Follow Ups: