Re: Any comments on MW 195 Fafner BBb?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by olituba on June 17, 2001 at 12:25:06:

In Reply to: Any comments on MW 195 Fafner BBb? posted by Dan on June 17, 2001 at 09:48:28:

Yep!
I´ve played one of these beasts for 10 minutes three weeks ago at the Deutsches tubaforum Workshop in Hammelburg/germany.
Made me sick! absolutely sick!!!! According to current german standarts the Rudy 5/4 BBb is about THE standart-model in germany presently. I just recently bought one of those and I´m fairly happy with her. Takes a bit of getting used to till you get the full sound and the propper intonation(basically both´s built in, but you got to get used to the horn). That instrument works great, though at some points there´s still some work involved, to get what you´re aiming for.
Now for the FAFNER one: sounds just as great as the rudy, JUST THAT A EUPH-PLAYER COULD HANDLE IT EASILY CLOSE TO ITS POTENTIAL!!!!(Sorry guys, no offence meant here, just it takes something different to play a BBb Monster instead of a euph...)
I´m Telling you, that thing´s so good, it made me sick to just have spent 7000 deutschmarks on my rudy, which still is great tuba. Just in comparison...

Oli*still puking when I`m thinking of that horn*Tuba

Follow Ups: