Re: Re: Re: Heavy valve cap theory?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on June 17, 2001 at 13:47:12:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Heavy valve cap theory? posted by Sven Bring on June 17, 2001 at 13:26:43:

Jeg sparker migselv over skinnebenet (Kicking my own shinbone (a Danish saying)):

There are other points of view:

When I met Steven Mead eye to eye and mouth to mouth 3 summers ago, he expressed no understanding of heavy mouthpieces whatsoever. He told of the "free" leadpipe of the then most current Sovereign euphs and of their reduced branch and bow guards. He hinted me of the upcoming Prestige versions with their main tuning slide triggers, but from his very serious outings I was extremely surprised to read the reports on the Prestiges, that they actually were heavy instruments.

I do not stay awake through the nights longing in vain for the Prestiges. Basically I consider them copies of my beloved YEP 641.

In plain speak: I stand by my ideas! But I do not consider them universal thruths.

In trombones I want more lively responses, so I have removed the laquer from the inner and outer flares of my heavier Brit bones. Achieving the planned results.

This world is complex. One has to navigate.

Klaus

Follow Ups: