Re: College and a job

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott on June 18, 2001 at 15:04:14:

In Reply to: College and a job posted by Curious on June 18, 2001 at 12:45:01:

I was in your boat a few years ago, and I tried to get my financial aid office to loan me the money to get a horn. They said that they could not give me a loan to buy what I could rent from the school. After a while, with a note from my teacher and the argument that while the school had contrabass tubas (all fairly mediocre BBb's, but contrabass tubas nonetheless) they had no bass tubas, I got a loan to buy a bass tuba. Perhaps not what you're looking for. With the combination of loans and summer work (I chose to work nights at a horrible job for a lot more money than what I would have made at Wal-Mart) you should be able to get a decent used tuba fairly soon. Until then, you should be able to rent one from your school. If not, you have more leverage to get your school to give you a loan to buy one.

I just realized that financing a tuba wasn't really the crux of your question. However, I can't help you here, since I'm in college myself and haven't experienced the "real world" yet. You might have more means at your disposal of financing a tuba, though. Have you looked into it?

Scott

Follow Ups: