Re: Re: Re: I Tip my Hat to You

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick F on June 19, 2001 at 14:46:28:

In Reply to: Re: Re: I Tip my Hat to You posted by Another View on June 19, 2001 at 10:47:48:

No, I wasn't implying it was negative to still be working after 70, but that he HAD to still work. I'm sure he loves what he does, or he would have quit long ago. Working in Las Vegas was probably terrible hours too.

I just wanted to caution Tracy in her decision... to be sure that's what she wanted to do. One of the tuba players in our community band got a degree in 'Tuba performance' quite a few years ago from Indiana. He went back to college (Michigan) and got his master's in something else. I asked him why? He said he liked getting a steady paycheck.

I'm now retired with a pension and can play my horn for enjoyment in a couple of community bands without worrying about paying the bills. I enjoyed the 30+ years (for the most part) working for the FAA. I too, counted the days till retirement like your father. Everybody does, that's expecting to retire. Now the retiree can do something else... a second career maybe!?

Again -- just my $.02

Rick F

Follow Ups: