Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chinese Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on June 20, 2001 at 07:20:45:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chinese Tuba posted by Steve Le Bel on June 20, 2001 at 05:56:53:

My countryman Victor Borge once reported of a remark from a Parisian taxi driver.

Borge had come to Paris after years of absence. Passing down one of the avenues he exclaimed: He trees have grown so high. I must have gotten very much older since I last was here.

The driver fastly replied: Donīt you dare to complain getting older! Consider the alternative!

A tuba to play on is better than even the most ideal tuba awaiting the results of a ten years savings plan.

As for the problem with the little finger you might push the 3 first fingers in a little further on the paddle.

If that helps, then you might even support the memory for the ideal touchpoints by gluing coins of the right size at these points.

Getting the best hand position might also include a repositioning of the thumb ring.

I have first hand knowledge of rotary valves, but not from tubas, as I am into pistons there. So maybe you will have to do your own creative thinking to get the best results for you.

Klaus

Follow Ups: