Re: Re: Re: Re: Did you attend Curtis?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Good on June 23, 2001 at 14:19:56:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Did you attend Curtis? posted by anon on June 23, 2001 at 11:13:09:

I attended Curtis and studied with Paul Krzywicki in the early 80's. My education and expieriences at Curtis I feel could not be surpassed. I got the best solfege instruction, the best piano lessons and I got to play in the best orchestra I have ever performed in. My low brass section consisted of Chris Dudley (Assoc. Princ. Trombone, Baltimore Sym.), Rick Stout (2nd Trombone, Cleveland Orchestra) and Blair Bollinger (Bass Trombone, Philadelphia Orchestra. I only have the fondest memories of school and I never regretted it once.

Paul Krzywicki is a first class musician and took me through the orchesteral repertoir, the standard etudes and solos. He also made me prepare what ever he was performing in the Philadelphia Orchestra that week. After each Saturday night I would go to the concert and he would always take time to talk about the performance. I also played next to him many times in the Philadelphia Orchestra(starting when I was only 20!)and I learned what my role as a tuba player was and how to conduct myself professionally. Paul gave me many opportunities to work with Muti, Leinsdorf, Previn and Dutoit. I really felt confident that when I would depart from Curtis that I was ready for the professional world.

As for Mr. Anon, why don't you have enough courage to let us talk by entering your email address with your post? I made $1810.00 last week playing the tuba in the Dallas Symphony. If you are playing in a better orchestra and making more money than me and you think I didn't learn anything from Paul Krzywicki then let us all know who you are so I can re-evaluate my carreer.

Matthew Good
Principal Tuba, Dallas Symphony Orchestra

Follow Ups: