Re: quartet music

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Forbes on June 30, 2002 at 20:47:01:

In Reply to: quartet music posted by Mike on June 29, 2002 at 20:33:18:

This is a never ending dilemma in beginning new tuba quartet's: Where's the rep!? In every talk I give regarding forming chamber music I get asked this question: Where do I start with rep? I answer it usually by giving out a few free works of mine as well as pointing the inquirer to the normal names: John Stevens, David Werden, Gary Buttery, Gail Robertson. I also mention TUBA press--but that can admittably be a crapshoot.

These are all great places to go for SOME compositions, but primarily arrangements. If you want more compositions (particulary inventive, cutting edge stuff that's pretty hard) check out Sotto Voce's link below and get to the rep. page. I put in some time on that puppy, so hopefully you can find stuff there that you might like. Also check out Sotto Voce's British counterparts: TUBALATE. Their website has a ton of new rep. that they've commissioned, etc. That website is: tubalate.com.

Good luck and feel free to email me if you'd like to know something about a particular arrangement or composition. Sotto Voce has crossed over a great deal of rep. and we might be able to steer you away from some problematic works and guide you toward the stuff you're looking for.

Mike

Follow Ups: