Re: Doug Elliot Mouthpiece Descriptions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Floyd on June 08, 2002 at 10:01:53:

In Reply to: Doug Elliot Mouthpiece Descriptions posted by Tom B. on June 07, 2002 at 17:51:36:

I don't know the post you're talking about. Maybe someone else will remember. But if you need his phone number to order his catalog it's: (301) 871-3535. Just leave him a message that you would like his catalog (and your address of course).

I too spent some time with Mr. Doug Elliot at ITEC. Very informative. I told him I really liked the Wick 5AL that I use on my euphonium (YEP-641) because it yielded a very good tone for me. But it caused my horn to play sharp requiring my main slide to be pulled out quite a bit. After some measurements he told me the rim of Wick 5AL was almost a 6AL... not quite the rim dimension that it should have been. He came up with three pieces that worked for me quite well. I don't have it yet. I'm waiting till after I pay all the bills of the ITEC trip, then I'll order it. 8-)

If you want to read an interview of Doug Elliot by the Trombone-Online journal, see the link below (or copy and paste the following:)

http://www.trombone.org/articles/library/10q-dougelliott.asp

Rick Floyd

Follow Ups: