Re: Re: Oddly wrapped contraption

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on June 11, 2002 at 11:30:13:

In Reply to: Re: Oddly wrapped contraption posted by jt on June 11, 2002 at 10:35:09:

Without betting anything important on it, I would say, that my ears and eyes have told me, that The U.S. Army Herald Trumpets (see link below) only use herald trumpets in the standard Bb (mezzo-) soprano pitch.

By following the international news one quite often hears the music from the White House lawn. I also like the 1780-style pipe and drums very much (but then I also am a great fan of the Scottish and Irish bagpipe bands, none the least of their tuned drums).

As for mouthpieces I am a profound fan of the Denis Wick series. Its basic ideas are superbly fitted for my ideas. Only DW has trapped himself in his numbering system, which disallows him to supply the sufficiently large sizes without applying negative numbers.

That is why I use my Yeo signature from Yamaha for my Bb/G baritone/bass range instruments. The Yeo basically is a DW design, only more generous in its dimensions.

And the same goes for my PT-50 for the Eb and BBb basses. It is more generous than the DW 1L. So I have had to accept the ridiculously round rim of the PT.

I guess that my choice for the Imperial G bass trumpet will be the DW 4AM in silver plate.

Klaus

PS: And I think, that we for now should let the "turdles (sic!) in diapers" rest through their summer break.

Follow Ups: