Weril euph problem being fixed

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Ferguson on June 11, 2002 at 23:17:42:

I while ago a posted a note here about inconsistencies in two recent Weril 980 euphoniums. I bought and sold 10 very good ones, then two came with the valves moved a little too far to the left, so my first finger bumped the left side of the top bow when playing - not confortable at all. I was very concerned, as many are sold mail order, and that's a chance we shouldn't take, that is, getting a misassembled horn. After ranting and sending measurements to DEG, I got the following note back via email the other day:

Steve:
A new shipment of H980's came in and you are correct there is inconsistencies in placement of the hand rest. Weril is aware of the problem and they are making a new fixture for the hand rest to make sure that these are consistent.

I went through our stock and picked a H980S that will be sent to you shortly. Hopefully this instrument will satisfy your customer.

Thank you for your patience while we clear up this matter.

-DEG

Looks like they'll solve the problem, and future euphs from Weril will be excellent again. BTW, the new valve guides are much nicer than the old style they used. I wanted to follow up my warning with a positive head's up when a company responds like that to a problem.

Steve Ferguson

Follow Ups: