Re: Miraphone 191 07000 vs 11000

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charlie on June 14, 2002 at 19:15:04:

In Reply to: Miraphone 191 07000 vs 11000 posted by PaulR on June 14, 2002 at 18:03:55:

The 7000 is yellow brass and the 11,0000 is gold brass and as you say it has more copper in it. This makes it a more warmer, velvety sound. The copper also changes the metal characteristics as well which others on this board can explain these differences.

I love the tone, sound and the way the tuba looks. The gold brass and the nickel-silver makes for a very striking and gorgeous tuba. The Miraphone gold brass is not as dark as others especially Cerveny.

I honestly think the gold brass projects more than the yellow brass and this comes from playing many gold and yellow brass tubas side by side and also from comparing them side by side playing them in a church.

I own a gold brass 191 5 valve, actually the first one ever made and would own a gold brass tuba again. My next purchase will be a 1291 in 5 valve and in gold brass. Love the tuba as well. It will be a toss up as to which is better or at this time I really like them both equally, just one being piston and the other rotor.

Get the gold brass if you like a smooth, warm velvety tuba that projects well.

Good Luck

Follow Ups: