Re: Best Vehicle to Carry a Tuba In...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph on June 19, 2002 at 09:12:43:

In Reply to: Best Vehicle to Carry a Tuba In... posted by Obtuseman on June 17, 2002 at 20:42:51:

I have an '86 sable that will make a poor college student ideal transportation. Will glady accept my PT-6 5/4 CC in the trunk in the gig bag. With hard case fits in back seat.

Runs great, doesn't lose oil, new tires, new hoses, great air conditioning, radio still works. I've done the vast majority of the maintenance on it(easy car to work on yourself) and have treated it very kindly. Only the best parts. Vast majority highway miles. I wouldn't be afraid to drive across country in her(the seat has formed to my butt and is very comfortable on long trips) but I've decided to move up to a '96 sable wagon for the larger cargo space. I drove this car from KC to DC in January for the Pershing's Own Tuba Conference. Gets good milage. Very cheap to insure. $500 or best offer. If it lasts two months it will have paid for itself. At it's current pace I see no reason why there isn't another 60,000 miles left in her.

Located in Kansas City, MO.

Follow Ups: