Re: Re: Re: Copywright vs. Punishment

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MG on June 24, 2002 at 18:29:14:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Copywright vs. Punishment posted by Rick Denney on June 24, 2002 at 16:40:01:

Great point in theory. In practice, it doesn't work. Tim Cary refers to an "urban school distict". If it's anything like the "urban school distict" I spent my K-12 years in, you could do anything you wanted to try to get kids and/or their parents to cough up money and they still won't, either because they just don't have it or it's too valuable to them. I'm a composer too and I fully agree with making sure the composer gets compensated. However, I'm also a pragmatist when it comes to running a music program at an inner city school. You don't know if the kid who lost the part will even be attending the school by the time the letter gets to his parents. I don't mean to bash inner city kids, but this is what I experienced while I was there.

BTW, does the composer actually get paid when someone orders a replacement part? (just an honest question not meant to further stir up people's emotions on this touchy subject).

Follow Ups: