Re: Re: Copywright vs. Punishment

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doug on June 26, 2002 at 14:21:17:

In Reply to: Re: Copywright vs. Punishment posted by James McNeil on June 26, 2002 at 03:48:29:

I think I see where you are coming from. To me it seems like the whole deal with some computer software, where you have to buy a copy for each computer you use it on. This makes sense, the company doesn't want you paying for one copy but using it as two or three copies. But if you put it on your computers only, and you only use one computer at a time, how in the world could you be cheating the software company? It's the same here. You bought the music, and made copies, but you are not using both to get twice the product.

BAD ANALOGY AHEAD-BEWARE!

If I'm sitting on a bus with a portable movie player, and I'm watching it, but someone looks over my shoulder and watches it, too, have I violated the "no public showing" regulation?

Ok, that didn't make sense.

All this pointless babble is trying to get across is that I agree that if you make copies for the purpose you state, there can't possibly be anything wrong with it, and I think it's the situation most BD's are in.

Doug " " G

Follow Ups: