Re: Re: Allergies

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by no no no no no! on June 27, 2002 at 23:49:20:

In Reply to: Re: Allergies posted by Doug on June 27, 2002 at 23:23:02:

No to the medicated chapstick! You can do some major damage in the long run. I recommend DCT, though some people find that too greasy. Burt's beeswax is also good. Nothing medicated, nothing with camphor. The good thing about Beeswax and DCT is that you once applied nicely, you can still play and hardly notice that there's anything on your lips(moreso with DCT-your lips soak it right up). And as Doug said- keep yourself well hydrated. Lots of water. Investing in a Pur water filter helps a lot too, as regular tapwater in many areas can hydrate you about as well as a Dr. Pepper.

As for allergies, zyrtec has worked wonders for me, as has claritin. I tried allegra first, but it was too hard on my stomach. One very non-conventional method I've used when feeling a strong allergy attack coming on- drink a quarter bottle of Nyquil before bed(ASK YOUR DOCTOR IF THIS IS SAFE FOR YOU- Nyquil contains tylenol). Sleep like a baby, and wake up feeling like a million bucks. Lots of Vitamin C, too. Good luck!

Anthony

Follow Ups: