Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: extravagant student ensemble trips

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doug on June 01, 2003 at 23:21:34:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: extravagant student ensemble trips posted by js on June 01, 2003 at 23:08:45:

Forgive me if this post is insensitive, but...

I owe a huge debt of gratitude to my high school band program, because while I knew about the World Trade Center, I got to see it while it was still there. Let's not forget that there's no guarantee that these architectural/artistic/whatever wonders will exist in 20 years. Oh, yes, and I can say I've seen "Cats" on Broadway, too.

And, somehow, my BD always could organize these trips so that we could not only play, but see and do more for a lot less money than if an individual family were to go.

Frankly, I couldn't tell you half the social stuff from our New York trip. But the things I SAW, wow, it was worth it. Extravagant trips aren't always feasible, but in my case, I was fortuante enough for such a trip to be affordable, possible, and available.

Plus, I learned that the Gov't doesn't take too well to playing the Veggietales theme song on the pier at the Statue of Liberty. Or any song, for that matter. No matter how much the crowed loved it. ;-) Really long story, but there you go. I made a bunch of hot tourists happy and a few park rangers really mad. That alone was worth the trip.

Doug

Follow Ups: