Alexander CC tuba for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex C on June 05, 2003 at 19:00:46:

I am re-posting this because the list grows so fast, someone interested and deserving may miss it. Here goes:

After much self-debate, I am listing my Alexander Model 163 CC 4-valve tuba for sale. It is an early 70's production model.

This instrument is in raw brass and comes in a Tuxedo gig bag. The sound is the full, warm and consistent sound that only belongs to the Alexander tubas. Response is totally even throughout the range of the instrument, from pedals through the treble clef range.

The intonation is predictable in the overtone series. Valve combinations are sharp and, of course D in the staff is flat. I added a tuning rod to the main tuning slide and this handles all of the intonation characteristics.

I have added weights to the bottom of the valve caps and this has added clarity to the response in slurred passages. These can be easily removed.

There are some dents, but not careless or severe.

The mouthpiece receiver accepts most standard size shanks, I use a bronze Dillon M1C with perfect fit but this is a little larger than the standard #1 Morris taper most mouthpieces have.

The price will be astoundingly good for an instrument of this type. If you are interested e-mail me privately. Pictures will be sent to those seriously interested.

I am selling because I’ve played nothing but piston valve instruments throughout my career in music and cannot feel comfortable on rotary valves no matter how good it sounds.

Follow Ups: