Re: Re: Re: Navy Band Results?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by andrew.oppenheim on June 12, 2003 at 10:33:05:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Navy Band Results? posted by Question for Karl on June 11, 2003 at 09:35:42:

Speaking only for myself, the qualities most lacking in the audition were consistency and detail work. Though there were many candidates that had a really good sound, there were only a few who showed musicianship and a level of preparedness and attention to detail that winning this or any job will require. The audition process is just a process. It does not preclude any on the twenty-three tuba players who turned up on Monday from earning the spot the next time we audition. Not filling the vacancy only means the on June 9th, I (or we) did not hear something that we wanted. We heard some fine tuba playing and several players that have a lot of potential. What I didn't hear was attention to detail (articulation, dynamics, tempo and rhythm) on the prepared excerpts and consistency from one excerpt to the next. That said,I appreciate the turn out and the amount of work that went into preparing for this audition.

Follow Ups: