Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Clean mouth...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on June 16, 2003 at 12:16:06:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Clean mouth... posted by Mary Ann on June 16, 2003 at 11:59:32:

I apparently have strong bones, too, (none broken in my whole life) and I am indeed grateful. "Big-boned" has come to be euphemistic for fat, but even at my thinnest (during Ironman training), my six-foot frame weighed 200 pounds, not to mention the 8-inch wrists. Other runners go much faster, but they all envy my seemingly injury-proof joints. I'm grateful for that, too.

I suspect those who have brittle teeth or brittle bones learn of their problem pretty quickly. I also suspect that one who has chewed ice for a while without problems is probably not in that category. But of course I'm just guessing based on my own good fortune. And then there are disease processes that can make bones brittle. Do teeth also become brittle as a result of osteoporosis?

Perhaps my good fortune will wane as I get older.

Rick "who can think of lots of unpleasant surprises that can happen at the dentist's office not related to ice-chewing, including rampant rot" Denney

Follow Ups: