Re: Re: Re: Re: 182's

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mary Ann on June 16, 2003 at 16:49:38:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: 182's posted by Rick Denney on June 14, 2003 at 00:41:48:

On my way to and from Indiana a couple weeks ago, I went through Denver. On the way back, I think, I was requested to take off my shoes. Everybody had to take off their shoes, it was not just me. Mine don't set off the metal detector either.

Haven't you ever heard of plastic explosives??

Now that I have the sarcasm out of the way.... We have always been a slightly fascist culture, and we are rapidly becoming the police state that everyone ranted about when I was a kid....about commie countries where people were stopped on the street for no reason and searched or questioned and taken in. We are very rapidly approaching that state of affairs whether we realize it or not. Right now, it's mostly just if you want to fly. It will get people used to "jump now, as high as I say, or else"...the "are you refusing to take off your shoes?" question, which if you DO refuse, you will not be delighted with the following sequence of events, which will likely involve more police than you've seen in a while.

People who enjoy domineering and controlling other people have always been attracted to police jobs (I am NOT saying "all" people in police jobs are like this!) as well as the IRS....and the lower-paid of these jobs will give satisfaction to the worst of them, being able to bully people who they ordinarily would have to take orders from.

But I digress, yet again. Rant off.

MA

Follow Ups: