Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: pt-50+ problem

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by alex on June 22, 2003 at 09:32:14:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: pt-50+ problem posted by ? on June 21, 2003 at 16:29:42:

I use a pt65 with a small shank. I also keep one with a regular shank in my bag, but I haven't played in a hall yet which required it. I played a 64 for years, and had been yearning for an old 9 forever, but when I got my hands on one, it was difficult for me to keep consistent pitch centers. still, what gorgeous sound and response from the old 9s.

just to be totally clear, I'm a grad student with perantoni and my undergrad teacher got both his degrees with mr P in the 70's and 80's. I guess what I'm saying is that alot of my concepts are built around those which are best served by this equipment. I've had the extraordinary fortune of having periodic lessons with fedderly and pokorny and my MM was with keanzig. except for gene's f tuba and keanzig's f tuba mouthpiece, none of these amazing tubists use pt equipment, and it doesn't seem to hold them back in the very least.

i've even heard chris, the guy who started this thread, sound amazing on a russian bassoon!

Follow Ups: