Re: Re: Re: Miraphone census

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Philip on June 23, 2003 at 16:02:23:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Miraphone census posted by Rick Denney on June 23, 2003 at 11:41:35:

That is why I said "modified" Stewart stand.

I replaced the ugly straps with large radiator-type hose clamps and a rubber buffer between the clamp and the horn cut to the same width as the clamp. The "slidy" things fit the hose clamps nicely. One goes on the bell ferrel (sp?) and is barely noticable, as it is similar in color. The other goes on the bottom bow and is equally unnoticable (is that a word?).

I take the peg off and keep in the outer zippered compartment in my gig bag. Although I can keep the peg on and fit in the bag (with a little effort) it is just easier to remove the peg for bagging. I have recently found how easy it is to stand and play (see original message above) and would not give up my Stewart stand without extensive persuasion!

BTW, eventually, I want to figure out how to put the bottom post holder on the bottom strap ring and do away with the need for the bottom clamp entirely.

I found a good deal on replacement nylon sockets, and so far there is no real "need" to replace the linkages, but the second set are getting a little old and I may have to bite the bullet soon. Gonna miss those purty rods though! ;^)

Philip Moore

Follow Ups: