Re: Re: Re: Re: Besson CC & Rudy Meinl 4/4 CC piston

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph on June 25, 2003 at 21:27:48:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Besson CC & Rudy Meinl 4/4 CC piston posted by SHS Tubamaster on June 25, 2003 at 19:58:41:

I'm just passing through on this topic but I don't think dale was being disrespectful. Actually all things considered he extended you every appropriate courtesy. He was being very direct and he's right. The original poster asked if the Besson CC is like the York. Sure it is.. it's a tuba. More to the point when the Nirschl 4/4 first came out it was heavily touted as a York 6/4 inspired design featuring a short leadpipe and other such similarities. So, from the very beginning it has been called a "MiniYorkCopy". If you've ever seen them side by side it's clear that they sprout from the same basic philosophy. They have a similar 'look' to them and very clearly barrow atleast in spirit from the B&M produced Yorks. I for one didn't neccesarily think "6/4 Yorkbrunner equivalent" because so many other Yorks have come out of *that* factory. It has been too long since I've played a 4/4 Nirschl for me to comment on playing characteristics but I've had the good fortune to hear a very good player play one recently and I was struck by the Yorkiness(as in 6/4) of the sound it produced.

trying my darndest to be tactful,
Joseph

Follow Ups: