Re: Re: Truly Great Teachers/Performers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by What's in a name? on June 26, 2003 at 18:03:27:

In Reply to: Re: Truly Great Teachers/Performers posted by Dave Zerkel on June 26, 2003 at 10:06:03:

Great Post by Dave.

I regret to say that there are quite a number of professionals in the tubaeuph world who I would just plain like to smack. Promotion vs. shameless promotion is indeed a tough issue. And, your efforts in this regard may be interpreted quite differently by different people.

But, I don't think there is anything wrong with making a CD. It can be a way of helping people remember who you are and keep you "on the radar". If you do a pretty low-tech demo, it wouldn't cost that much either. I did a couple of CD's, but I entered into the process with only the desire to make a CD because I more or less felt like it. I haven't done any real promotion or tried to use them to get gigs, and I always knew I would be darn lucky if the things pay for themselves in my lifetime. But, it is nice to be able to give them out to folks you meet along the way, and it can definitely work as a "musical business card" in that way.

Just my thoughts. Good luck!

Follow Ups: