Re: Re: Re: Re: The St. Petersburg 202

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John C. on June 28, 2003 at 18:14:24:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: The St. Petersburg 202 posted by Lauren on June 28, 2003 at 17:06:49:

I've never played a St. Pete. I have played a Cerveny, (still use it from time to time) and good examples in CC are around, there are also some BBb models out there. Most folks I talk to agree that if you find a good Cerveny, you find a really good Cerveny. Mine's 30 years old or so, but it has served both of it's owners very well. This is not meant to be so much of an endorsement of Cervenys but rather a suggestion to keep options open.
Will your college have an instrument for you to use if you don't find a horn by the time you report(matriculate?) for classes? If you have that option, you'll be able to draw on more resources for your purchase(the input from your teacher, the possibility of attending a conference where you can try different models side by side, being able to try other student's instruments, and more networking with people who know of horns for sale) before shelling out the cash. Good luck with your search.

John Cradler

Follow Ups: