Holton 6/4 CC for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sam Gnagey on March 03, 2000 at 23:58:51:

I've decided to sell the Holton that I mentioned in an earlier post. It is a horn that I cut down from BBb. It was missing the valve set, so I used the same sized(.750") valve set from a 1936 King. These valves have much more open ports than the original Holton valve and are very much like the old York valves. As you can see from the picture the valves are brass while the rest of the horn is silver. The leadpipe is original Holton. None of the instrument has ever been overhauled, so there has been no over buffing or sanding that can thin the brass and make it weak. There are a few dents which are mostly in the back of the top bow. The response is very quick and the notes have a nice clear focus and overwhelming presence in the orchestra. I have used it very successfully in professional playing situations. I'd not sell it, but I can't justify having two of them around. I'm wanting to get $6500 for it. I've based that price on what another Holton CC brought at auction last week. Please respond by private email.

Follow Ups: