Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM money

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale on March 10, 2000 at 15:16:46:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM money posted by Chien-Hao Chen on March 10, 2000 at 12:36:54:

I didn't mean my fit of uncontrolled laughter to indicate ANY doubt about actually being able to get that VAT tax money back. I am just as serious about the discussion, heck I am personally VERY serious about taxes-ESPECIALLY at 18%!! But I do think it's silly to put it up as front money the VAT tax when there are other easy provisions for non-EC residents to make purchases, without extending an interest-free loan of MY money to the German government. For MY money, a 4-hour drive from Waldkraiberg to Zurich makes the most sense, you have your tuba trucked to a depot in Zurich, pick it up, and take the 50-75 dollar hit on returning home with it as checked luggage. I'd chose Zurich because air fare from the West Coast is almost half what you'd pay versus if you fly to Munich or Frankfurt. With all the money you're saving this way you can have a hella vacation! Southern Germany is gorgeous! Also, if you don't wanna handle schlepping your tuba you can pick it out at the factory and pay them to ship it straight home, OR you can front the VAT money to the German government, and wait to get it refunded.

Follow Ups: