Re: 3/4 Willson F --what did it sell for?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale on March 13, 2000 at 11:13:05:

In Reply to: 3/4 Willson F --what did it sell for? posted by Mary Ann on March 13, 2000 at 10:02:04:

the seller's reserve for that Willson was 2700, I dunno if that's "fair" I am sure some people "think" it "is" ... as far as e-bay pushing prices up, well just like ******** everyone has an opinion on that one. I do know that if "the market" were to control their zeal then "the market" wouldn't suffer so. "Whatever the market will bear" DOES make sense, what doesn't make sense is a feeding frenzy mentality which does all of us (as part of "the market") precious little good. Speculating on tubas is dumb. A popular recent example, 3 grand plus for 80-year-old bells and branches of unknown condition is an awful gamble (for those who wanna have a 6/4 special use horn custom-fabricated for them). Gee, no wonder the dealers in Detroit charge so much for new HB's and even B&S ... there's a LOT of people lining up to buy. Thank-you though, I'll save the time waiting in line, and hopefully use the time I save to practice scales or something. By-the-way anyone wanna buy my Holton for 14 grand? (j/k Alex)

Follow Ups: