Re: Re: Re: tuba playing and "workouts"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on March 09, 2001 at 09:43:29:

In Reply to: Re: Re: tuba playing and "workouts" posted by Ryan on March 08, 2001 at 23:38:11:

I did IMUSA, which is held in Lake Placid, NY. I would rate it as harder than Hawaii in many ways, but perhaps a bit less mentally taxing. Like all Ironman races, though, it is exactly the same length as the World Championships in Hawaii.

Me? Qualify for Hawaii? That will have my triathlete buddies giggling. The only way I'd get into Kona would be through the Lottery or by exercising some connections (I write articles for Triathlete Magazine). But I don't want to go to that race--too expensive--and I don't like swimming in salt water.

Lake Placid had an easier swim (in freshwater and with no surf), a harder bike (it's in the Adirondack High Peaks area), and a much harder run with several monster hills. My main reason for doing that one, given that I don't like hills, is that I could drive to it (though my wife had to do the driving coming back home).

I would have had to take about five hours off my time to be in qualifying position.

Rick "who never claimed to be fast" Denney

Follow Ups: