Re: universities

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jason on March 12, 2001 at 22:52:20:

In Reply to: universities posted by Tim on March 12, 2001 at 17:49:40:

Tim,
First of all, the post that Matt G. put up pretty much sums everything up in Florida. Orlando was looking like a really great place to be, then Disney started laying off a lot of musicians and a lot of people jumped ship. I graduated from USF with an ed. degree and I now attend FSU getting a masters degree. Of the people I've studied with and experiences that I've had, I would choose USF as a tuba school. Jay Hunsberger is an incredible teacher, player and person. I have not studied with Jay Bertolet so I would not rule him out as a teacher. It also depends on what you are looking to do with your life. If you're looking to play your horn or teach for a living, Jay Hunsberger is the way to go at USF(again not knowing Jay Bertolet). If you're looking at music business, therapy or some other less popular major, FSU or UM might be a better choice. If you're looking at a good general music degree, fun marching band, and quite a few commercial playing opportunities, UCF might be for you. If you don't like the way I stated this, look again at Matt G. post he says it nicely.
Jason S.

P.s. Matt, where are you living now and how is everything going?

Follow Ups: