Re: Re: Re: Re: CC 5th valve fingerings

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on March 13, 2001 at 13:07:43:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: CC 5th valve fingerings posted by Matt Chin on March 13, 2001 at 11:49:00:

I must be pretty lucky with my tubas because I don't have to pick a specific note in that range to tune my 5th valve to. I guess I'd have to say that I used low F on my CC tubas because it was the note I used the 5th valve on the most. The funny thing is that using the fingerings I use, I don't find it necessary to move the 5th valve for other low notes. They all seem to line up with the 5th slide in one position. That wouldn't be so much of an issue with my Rudy because I use a main tuning slide stick on that horn. But it is the same story on all my other horns. I do some work with the various fingerings and try to determine where to put the slides to give the most even intonation. Once I find those positions, I leave the valve slides alone and use a main tuning slide stick. Remarkably, I don't have to do any slide adjusting on either my Willson Eb or my Nirschl CC. Good luck with your horns!

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: