' wanna look?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on March 22, 2001 at 00:57:10:

Ryan Anthony, Canadian Brass trumpeter, and I used to play various church orchestra jobs, quintet jobs, and some Memphis Symphony jobs together. He is still sort of based in Memphis and still "only trusts me" (??) with his horns (even though the horns he plays these days aren't exactly "his").

He just had a couple of days off the road and brought in a couple of instruments (that he "inherited" from retired member, Ron Romm) for some minor customizing (to make them more like his "own" trumpets), to fix airline smashohlahs, and to get the dern valves and slides to actually move (dirt, bumps, and a couple of minor manufacturing defects). Since he is now a "star", I schmoozed some pics. (I sell a lot of restored Bach Strad. trumpets, etc. on ebay, and a link to these pics will assist strangers with bidding on my stuff with more confidence.)

Anyway, if you wanna look, here are some pics that I snapped of a couple of the gold plated Canadian Brass instruments, some of my work (mounting a #3 slide ring on a gold-plated piccolo trumpet, making it slide perfectly, and making it LOOK like Yamaha put it there at the factory), a couple of pics of him standing next to an ugly guy by a store sign, and a note from him to me.

Follow Ups: