Re: st. petersburg tuba 4 valve

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ramon on March 22, 2001 at 14:15:45:

In Reply to: st. petersburg tuba 4 valve posted by delfish on March 18, 2001 at 23:01:49:

I am a student at Tullahoma high school in Tullahoma, TN. I have just purchased one about 2 weeks before Christmas and I love it. I am most certainly not a pro so you can take my opinion for what it is worth. I have compared it to the model that Tuba Exchange offers. I have a friend who has one. I have played on both of the horns and there is actually a signifigant difference in the "souls" of these tubas. I actually prefer the one from Germany. There is a difference in the size of these two models. The TE 201N is the slightest bit bigger. The whole thing is proportionate to the other model though. I actualy like the size of the "German model". The machinery is also different. The roters on the 201N are fit more to your hand and the German model is not. This is something that can be easily overcome with a few weeks of playing. The case that comes with it is great too. The mouthpiece, as someone mentioned stinks, so I would suggest getting another one. The mouthpiece reciever is a smaller shank than most so most mouthpieces fit kind of odd in it. Most mouthpieces will fit though and play fine on it. I use a PT-44 and Bach 18 and They both play fine in it. Well, I hope that my opinions and information was of help.
Ramon

Follow Ups: