Re: Re: Upcoming Concert

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on March 23, 2001 at 09:55:45:

In Reply to: Re: Upcoming Concert posted by Joe S. on March 22, 2001 at 22:03:48:

Instead of taxi horns, we are using French horns. The timbre is about the same in our case.

The above sentence was written by my evil twin, by the way. I would never dream of bringing bad karma onto myself by making such a statement.

No, no chorus or organ. I have a recording of this work, and have played it before, but I don't recall there being a chorus and organ part. Is it that rarely used or are we talking about a different setting? By the way, the ascending 16th-note arpeggio (C-Eb-F-Ab-C-Eb) in the fugue part is the hardest lick in the entire concert for me. I can almost play it by fingering it 1-3, 1, 1-3, 1, 1-3, 1 to keep each slurred pair in the same partial. In the recording I have, the tubas are strangely quiet during this little lick. I sympathize.

I expect that I will be so over-rehearsed on that simple solo in the Gershwin that I won't even be able to think musically by the night of the concert.

Rick "who will have to do his final practicing on mouthpiece during his 5-day business trip next week" Denney

Follow Ups: