Re: FED UP!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on March 23, 2001 at 13:03:54:

In Reply to: FED UP!!! posted by Dennis AsKew on March 23, 2001 at 11:23:06:

I know many have outright based the name change and the orginization in general, but I think some of it comes out of frustration. Many people have mentioned the ambigousness of sending in a membership check and not really knowing when o expect a journal much less an acknowledgement of their subscription/membership beyond the clearing of a check. I don't think that this is every case but it can happen. One thing I would like to see is if possibly the editors could simply extend your comments into a "what would you like to see section". I know you say the orginization is open to ideas, however many people may not have knowledge of that. Maybe presenting a section with earlier article titles/summaries and seeing what some people would like to see revisited or revised, especially if they are newer members. This would help keep some of this information current or even offer a type of changing viewpoint type flavor, i.e. "When I wrote this article in 19XX I took this approach to playing, but now I ______ different than I did before." I have seen some of this but maybe if it was solicted from the readers which articles to be revisited instead of executive desicions or the authors wanting to do it on their own. Anyhow, I made a point that the name conflicts with a few other orginizations, but I'm sure that does happen occasionally. Just trying to be positive about what comments are being made.

Regards,
Matt G

Follow Ups: