Re: FED UP!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Phelps on March 23, 2001 at 13:24:17:

In Reply to: FED UP!!! posted by Dennis AsKew on March 23, 2001 at 11:23:06:

Dennis,

Please do not take my following comments personally, as they're not intended as such.

I am HOPING that any "T.U.B.A." or "I.T.E.A." folks out there will appreciate my input as simple and honest observation.

One of the hardest things for any group to accept is criticism, when dished out it is seldom taken as being constructive. Usually it's taken as demeaning. This is true for any group, but it is THE most consistent reaction coming from T.U.B.A. in the twenty-some-odd years I've been a member or observer. To retort "what are YOU doing to help" is (frankly) b.s. It is completely evading the membership's reasonable expectation of something in return for their dues.
Most members of ANY organization sincerely believe it IS "help" when they pay dues. "Give us money AND your time, or else shut up" is offensive, how many people want to keep shelling out money to hear that? For T.U.B.A. (apparently) that number is precious few, compared to the tbn or horn or trumpet or even the damn saxophone groups? For years we hear "give us the answer"....yet the solicitation ALWAYS has a disclaimer "we won't guarantee that we'll DO anything with them." Honestly, I think it's a shame that the whole idea has done nothing but "struggle" over the long term (even if "struggling" unfairly implies hard work) Dues payers rightly expect a certain level of scope,
and (some) activists (only) dream of it. I hope they pull it off, but if I wanted to whiz away MY coin I'd spend that 20-30 zops a year on lottery tix....based on my experience and 20+ years observation dem's better odds.

Follow Ups: