Re: FED UP!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Marcus on March 24, 2001 at 23:03:39:

In Reply to: FED UP!!! posted by Dennis AsKew on March 23, 2001 at 11:23:06:

One benefit of ITEA may be the activities of a local chapter to promote the tuba and euphonium. Recitals, workshops, and seminars open to ITEA members only would certainly make membership in the national organization more attractive.

For those of you who do belong to a local ITEA chapter, what activities do you have?

It's hard to believe that in the brass mecca of Chicago, there is no local chapter of ITEA. The closest one of which I'm aware is in Bloomington, IN. It certainly would be worthwhile and fun to have more frequent access to locally-held tuba-euph activities, and membership in ITEA would undoubtedly grow as a result.

Although I''ve been a satisfied TUBA/ITEA member for years, please don't suggest that I start a local chapter myself. I don't spend much time at any of the campuses (campi?), and I just don't have the time currently to become immersed in administrative affairs. This would seem to be an excellent project for a TA or Doctoral candidate as part of their degree pursuits.

Follow Ups: