Re: Re: Re: Re: Deposits on valves and valve casings

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by haggis on March 26, 2001 at 00:26:02:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Deposits on valves and valve casings posted by RU Sirius on March 25, 2001 at 22:54:08:

Your first mistake is having deposits on your valves. The only way to go IMHO, is the no-deposit, no-return method. This ensures that your valves are indeed yours, and no one else can caim a lein on them. If you patronise a reputable financial establishment, you will surely get a better return on your deposit with a money market or CD, unless you have a little red wagon full of valves.

As to this pitch nonsense, I'll fill my horn with my own pitch thank you very much. For all I know, the person that wants to fill my horn with pitch might be a saxophone player. A fine mess I'd be in then! Not only would I stick out of the ensemble like a sore thumb, I would no longer be able to even blend with my own section. No, I may not have the best pitch in the world, but at least I can trust the consistency.

If you want to avoid black gunk on your valves, don't use Skoal while you're playing.

Follow Ups: