Re: Been 21 Years - HELP! I'm Brain Dead

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bryan on March 26, 2001 at 02:27:26:

In Reply to: Been 21 Years - HELP! I'm Brain Dead posted by Steve Kinsel on March 24, 2001 at 15:36:56:

It's too late for us! Save yourself and run out and buy that miata. Once you start up tuba it is harder (impossible) to quit again. Oh sure, you'll start out on BBb, for a while. Then someone (they will pretend to be your friend) will turn you onto an Eb. That WILL lead to other horns (just read the posts man!). You will begin to check e-bay daily for "deals", respond to adds on this BBS, and for what? To be an expert on the gig bag VS hard case thread, or "what mouthpiece would be best for playing Ewald in a quintet with a BBb horn for a left handed player with a slight overbite (couldn't afford braces because the new silent brass mute with built in tuner and metronome was on sale!). Pretty soon you will find yourself interested in threads on how to soundproof your house so your neighbors will refrain from taking you to court for practicing . Later, it will be late night e-mails (private of course) to Joe S. asking how much he would charge to cut your bell front horn 4 valve king and turn it into the next YORK (complete with 5th valve, upright bell {would like to keep the original bell for the outside gigs} satin silver and oh yea, slide extenders for it can be played in BBb while learning the new fingerings). You will never hear another tuba lick from a soundtrack without asking yourself what horn was used, and would his signature mouthpiece make me sound like that). Your vacations will be planned around interesting tuba things to see (yea, bunch of that all over the world), and you'll find yourself a bit too knowledgeable about viscosities of valve oils and actually taking a position on petrolium VS synthetic!

There is no cure. All hope is gone for us. Save yourself.... before it's too late!

Bryan "likes to keep his last name out of this, just in case..." *.*

Follow Ups: