Re: Question about Florida

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ryan on March 26, 2001 at 10:07:20:

In Reply to: Question about Florida posted by Billy on March 24, 2001 at 20:48:57:

Florida, my home state. I hate it, I hate the trailer parks, the strip malls, the zillion fast food places, the tourists who can't drive and don't know where their going, the humidity, the bugs, the mosquitoes, the fires burning up and down the state, the hurricanes that threaten my home, especially the ones that are the size of Texas, I hate the years of never seeing the leaves change in the Fall, I hate the fact we wait all year, several years in fact for it to finally get cold enough that our parents can turn the sprinklers on and get us ice cycles the next morning, I hate the lack of any true winter, I hate the Florida State Seminoles, I hate the lack of a Florida accent, I hate that people don't always assume Fl is a "southern" state even when it's further south than any other state, I hate the lack of support to keep a full time orchestra running (Florida Symphony Orchestra went belly up when I was in 9th grade), I hate the fact that I had to go out of state to study with guys who had big jobs, big jobs that don't exist in Fl, I hate the fact that the only good reason to be a music student in the state of Florida is if you're in the New World Symphony. Florida is a pathetic state to live in. But hey if you're visiting live it up and leave.

Follow Ups: