Re: Re: Giving up....tuba for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charlie Krause on March 29, 2001 at 10:47:55:

In Reply to: Re: Giving up....tuba for sale posted by pedro on March 29, 2001 at 09:04:21:

You know I had fun in college and really loved it. I can honestly say it was one of the best times I have ever had. I made more friends that are still friends and at the reunions we have every 3 years, alot of prople show up from 250 to 400.
I have never not owned a tuba and its amazing what pops up when you don't think you need a tuba and you sell one, it always does.
I have always played in some kind of a group paid or not and even in church which I feel is one of the most rewarding. It doesn't have hard music just some really good music that feeds the soul. Playing is porbably what keeps me young and I look forward to every rehearsal and concert. I love to go hear others as well.
I'm probably playing as good as I was in college or better. I know maturity of sound and concept of what I want to play musically is much improved and all these years gives me an outlook and a fresh attitude at playing music that I didn't have when I was younger.

My problem now is there is 15 great tuba players around the DFW area and they all play well and 5 do most of the work. One never knows what life brings and the gifts it bestows on one who perseveres.
Such is life.
My motto is always keep at least one tuba and never give up and be amazed at what pops up.
If you don't need the money, hold on to it. It sounds like you like playing it. Find a place to play it with.

Charlie Krause

Follow Ups: