Update on Throat Enlargement to 23/64

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CK on March 06, 2002 at 23:39:45:

I just did a 1 1/2 hour straight rehearsal with the mouthpiece and I am liking it even more than before. I switched between my Elliott and it and I love them both now. I had already made the throat bigger than normal before but this is better than the first original enlargement.

I have a 2 hour rehearsal tomorrow night and I will let you know how it does. The Elliott T cup is definately darker but I have a heavyweight. Doug only made a few T cup heavys. I like the way both play and both sound. Projection was good on both as well.

I played a Helleberg for lots of years and then tried some PT's but never got the projection I was looking for. I then enlarged the throat some and started playing it again and then found the Elliotts and love the projection and sound and ease of upper and lower register.
I have projection with both now and a real nice choice of color of sound and they both now play so close to the same.

Doug, do you have a very close match on a Helleberg style rim? I would like to know. Email me if you do or answer here, I would appreciate it. I would like to try it and see how it does with the T cup.

To be continued Thur or Fri after rehearsal.

Follow Ups: